HUMAN RESOURCES MANAGER
The Human Resources (HR) Manager is responsible for implementing HR policies and programs, and managing all aspects of employee relations and development. The HR manager will manage staffing and recruiting, organizational development, performance management, training, compensation and benefits administration.
MAJOR DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Develop and implement HR strategies and initiatives aligned with the overall business strategy.
- Report to management and provide decision support through data-driven HR metrics.
- Oversee recruitment and selection, orientation, onboarding, and offboarding.
- Develop and implement employee retention strategies and succession planning.
- Oversee organizational development and employee training programs.
- Support employee opportunities for professional development.
- Manage the performance management and review process that drives high performance.
- Ensure planning, monitoring, and appraisal of employee work results by training managers to coach employees; hearing and resolving employee grievances; and counseling employees and supervisors.
- Conduct workplace investigations, disciplinary, and termination procedures.
- Bridge management and employee relations by addressing demands, conflicts, grievances or other issues and bring them to resolution.
- Maintain and report on workplace health and safety compliance.
- Nurture a positive working environment.
- Ensure legal compliance by monitoring and implementing applicable human resource federal and state requirements, conducting investigations, and maintaining records.
- Review and update HR policies, procedures, and programs and ensure awareness.
- Ensure all company HR policies are applied consistently.
- Maintain professional and technical knowledge by attending educational workshops, reviewing professional publications, establishing personal networks, and participating in professional societies.
- Maintain employee files and human resources records in HRIS (Paylocity).
- Assist in maintenance of HRIS and recommend process improvements.
- Maintain organizational design by updating job descriptions and job requirements for all positions.
- Manage compensation and reward strategy by conducting periodic pay surveys; scheduling and conducting job evaluations; and recommending, planning, and implementing pay structure revisions.
- Manage and administer employee benefit programs and inform employees of benefits by studying and assessing benefit needs and trends; recommending benefit programs to management; directing the processing of benefit claims; obtaining and evaluating benefit contract bids; and designing and conducting educational programs on benefit programs.
- Work with Chief of Staff to develop strategies for continued improvement to the collaborative workplace environment, including opportunities for increased staff engagement, team building, and employee appreciations.
EXPERIENCE AND/OR EDUCATIONAL REQUIREMENTS
- Bachelor’ or Master degree in Human Resources or related field.
- 5+ years of experience in HR Manager (or equivalent) role.
- PHR/SPHR certification or SHRM-CP/SHRM-SCP certification.
- In-depth knowledge of labor, health and safety laws and HR best practices.
- Ability to architect strategy along with leadership skills.
- Experience in educating and coaching staff.
- Experience in conflict resolution, disciplinary processes, and workplace investigations.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills, both written and verbal.
- Strong organizational skills and attention to detail. Ability to plan and manage work under time constraints, with limited direct supervision.
- Proficient with Microsoft Office 365 and have knowledge of HR systems and databases.