The Director of Economic Development will report directly to the CFO and be responsible for leading NCRR’s efforts in partnering with North Carolina’s economic development community and railroads on various initiatives to drive increased job creation and economic growth.
MAJOR DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITES
Manage Department Personnel, Budget and Vision
- Manage and oversee all activities of the NCRR Economic Development Department.
- Provide guidance to Economic Development Department staff through training, individual reviews, and regular staff meetings.
- Manage goals-based budget for NCRR economic development program.
- Work with NCRR Executive Team to develop the goals and priorities of the department.
Marketing, Networking & Outreach
- Develop and maintain relationships with state leaders at all levels, city/county economic development professionals, municipalities, colleges/universities, real estate professionals, financial institutions, energy companies, chambers of commerce and other allied organizations, including through regular follow-up and communication on new initiatives, activities and progress.
- Attend and sponsor economic development events and/or conferences to promote NCRR economic development initiatives, value of NC’s rail assets and key NC Rail Properties as recruitment tools for in-state economic development partners, corporate site location consultants and relevant industry partners.
- Oversee management of strategic marketing materials for promotion of NCRR Invests and Build Ready Sites Program.
- Create and deliver presentations on NCRR economic development initiatives.
Economic Development Project Engagement
- Manage project work for NCRR Invests rail infrastructure-related investments initiative and Build Ready Sites program, as well as internal policies and procedures.
- Manage economic development leads and projects throughout the state by working with state, regional and local economic development professionals.
- Increase economic development project engagement, elevate NCRR presence and establish value as a trusted economic development partner for new business recruitment retention and expansion opportunities in NC through strategic marketing and proactive networking.
Reporting, Tracking, Accountability and Record Keeping
- Oversee tracking of NCRR Invests and Build-Ready Sites projects and maintain files including proposals, term sheets, agreements, performance reporting and invoicing.
- Measure and track project engagements and progress.
- Prepare and present project tracking reports to the CFO and Board of Directors.